7 September 2009

Posted by Zahid Hussain | File under : ,


Many writers believe they're that perfect writer, the genius, the one who just penned the Great Novel.
But they just haven't got round to sending it.

So you're waiting for the right moment to send your manuscript? Yes, I know it's literary gold and it will sell for millions and mummies will name their kids after you, but...you haven't sent it, have you?

Perhaps I should let you into some open secrets:
How's the coffee?You've smelled it, haven't you? If you want to be published expect rejection.That's how you know you're onto a winner. Agents get it wrong. Publishers get it wrong. Please, give them a chance not to live it it down.

So dust off your manuscript. Yes, I know it's brilliant. Just send it. And while you're waiting, keep writing.

Another coffee?

ZHZ.

2 comments:

  1. Lol.

    I like your articles, short and sweet...with a sprinkle of humour

    Keep 'em coming ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you...

    They have to be short as my attention wanders too much!

    Either that or I'm drinking too much coffee ;p

    ReplyDelete